Driver's license applicants, who fail the knowledge or behind-the-wheel examination three times at the DMV, will be required to complete the applicable knowledge or in-vehicle component of a driver education course, before they can take the examination a fourth time.
A) Persons failing the DMV knowledge test, must take the classroom component of driver education.
- If you are under 18, you must take the 36-hour "Re-Examination Classroom", which consists of thirty six (36) - 50-minute periods of classroom instruction. Students 18 and under may take the 8 hours course only if they have previously completed driver’s education and provide proof of completion (pink or green certificate).
36 hours course fee $219
If you are age 18 and older, you may take 36-hours of Drivers Education Classroom OR elect for a new 8-hour Driver's Manual course.
- Virginia DMV has announced that, starting July 1, 2016, adults age 18 years or older who fail the knowledge test three (3) times may take the exam again after successfully completing a new "Driver's Manual course". The program consists of an eight (8) hour classroom course based on the Virginia Driver's Manual and is designed to better prepare individuals for the test at DMV. This course is an alternative to the current 36-hour driver education course.
8 hours course fee $199
- Classes held in Herndon & Tysons Corner locations only
- Start any day (Classes are held 6 days a week, rolling enrollment)
- Flexible weekday morning, weekday evening & weekend schedule, allows you to maximize hours and complete course in a accelerated format
- Upon successful completion of either course, we will issue the Re-Examination Certificate (DTS-C)
- Upon receipt of the DTS-C certificate, you may then return back to the DMV and take the examination a fourth time.
- You will not be restricted on the number of attempts and will now instead have UNLIMITED retakes of the exam (knowledge or behind-the-wheel examination).
B) Persons failing the DMV road test, must take the behind-the-wheel component of driver education.
- Consists of seven (7) 50-minute periods of in-car driving instruction.
7 hours course fee: $299
Call us today for available slots and to schedule your class!